McKinney & Company offers challenging opportunities with outstanding growth potential for individuals who enjoy being part of a dynamic team and interacting with other disciplines. McKinney employees enjoy working on diverse and complex projects in a flexible work environment alongside experienced professionals dedicated to innovative solutions for everyday challenges.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a family-oriented environment. McKinney & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinney & Company strives to provide an excellent benefit program as part of a total compensation package. Here are some of the benefits you’ll experience while working at McKinney:
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee flexible spending program for medical and dependent care
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Profit sharing plan (401K)
- Stock purchase plan
- Virginia Credit Union membership
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Employee service recognition awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Business casual dress code
- Company events
- Professional memberships/development programs/certifications
Currently we are seeking candidates for the following positions:
We are seeking a Project Architect with 4-8 years of relevant experience with commercial, manufacturing, distribution, life science and laboratory projects, including renovation and tenant improvements. Respondents should have a Bachelor of Architecture degree, and current architectural licensing. Responsibilities include program development, regulatory coordination, leading the development of design and technical aspects of projects trough construction documents and construction.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting design and technical solutions in a client context.
- Leading BIM efforts at a range of project scales including large complex projects.
- Managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts.
- Contribute to a positive and dynamic office culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to foster innovation in design, construction technology and sustainable design.
- Excellent organizational, time management, project planning, writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of various design and presentation software, including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Photoshop.
- A fundamental understanding of building codes and various construction types resulting in well thought out details.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your letter of inquiry or resume to:
Human Resources Manager
McKinney & Company
Post Office Box 109
Ashland, VA 23005
Fax: (804) 798-7072